Just after 9 a.m. Monday, November 16, firefighters with the Dardanelle Fire Department were dispatched to 128 Hillside Drive on a report of a structure fire.

Yell County dispatchers received a 911 call from an individual at their residence who advised that a secondary residence located behind their house was on fire and they were attempting to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.

Upon dispatching the Dardanelle Fire Department, firefighters advised they were en route to their station. After hearing the call dispatched, a Dardanelle Police Officer also advised he was responding to the location. As the officer was en route to the address, he advised dispatch that he could see smoke from the residence as he responded. Upon arriving on scene, the officer confirmed the active fire and advised smoke and flames were showing from the structure. When the size up was given by the officer, the Dardanelle Rural Fire Department was requested to respond to provide mutual aid in the fire fight.

As the officer exited his patrol unit, he observed the 911 call outside of the residence attempting to extinguish the fire with a garden hose. Despite the individuals efforts, the fire’s flames continued to grow.

After learning there was no one inside the burning structure the officer attempted to assist on scene and a short time later, the Dardanelle Fire Department arrived on scene.

Dardanelle Fire Department’s Fire Chief Tony Sigle radioed dispatch and confirmed the working fire and at that time, advised he had command of the call. Dardanelle firefighters quickly exited their engines and made a fast attack on the flames.

Initially, firefighters battled the fire from the exterior of the structure, but once the intense flames were knocked down, firefighters entered the residence continuing their fight from the interior of the structure.

Once firefighters entered the burning residence to continue their fight, the blaze was quickly brought under control. Once dispatch was informed of the update, Entergy was requested to respond to the scene.

Firefighters continued to work, dousing what remained of the flames. After continuing the efforts for some time, the fire was later determined to be extinguished.

Firefighters began overhaul efforts as they awaited the arrival of Entergy to disconnect the power from the residence. Once the power had been disconnected, firefighters confirmed the fire was out and there was no fire extension.

During the incident, the structure sustained heavy smoke and fire damage but at this time, property loss amounts are unknown. Luckily, no one was injured in the incident.

Although the cause of the fire remains under investigation, it is believed that a burning cigarette may have been the cause for the blaze.

After firefighters completed packing up their equipment and hoses, Chief Sigle terminated his command closing the call to service and all firefighters returned to their stations available for service.

The attached photos and the following video were captured from the scene of the fire.