* WHAT...Snow, sleet and freezing rain.
* WHERE...Portions of western and northern Arkansas, from areas near Mena to Mt. Ida northward to Harrison and Mountain Home.
* WHEN...From Wednesday morning through Wednesday night.
* ACCUMULATIONS...Minor accumulation of snow and sleet up to an inch will be possible in some areas. Up to one quarter of an inch of ice is possible as precipitation transitions to freezing rain. Some locally higher ice accruals are possible along the Arkansas River Valley.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Cold surface temperatures will allow the snow/sleet and freezing rain to cause some slick spots on area roadways, especially elevated surfaces such as bridges and overpasses. Some areas will warm above freezing during the day Wednesday, while other locations will remain at or below freezing. Areas that remain at or below freezing will likely see the highest ice accruals.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.
Issuing Office: Little Rock
Source: National Weather Service